Receiver information is entered into the system through the Online Module, where it may be updated to the Receiver Master file in real-time. Batching of receipts is optional.
Receipts may be entered on various screens. Some screens are auto-entry; inquiry is done against a particular purchase order and the appropriate data is displayed on the screen to speed receiver entry. Others allow entry of multiple receipts on the same screen. If additional lines are needed, they are added after the first screen has been edited and accepted.
All receipts are fully validated to ensure that:
- no essential fields are missing
- values are within ranges
- the vendor is valid on the Vendor Master file
- various codes are valid on the Table Master file
- the purchase order has already been set up and the receiver quantities fall within variance tolerances; the invoice updates the Purchase Order Master file and the Distribution Master file
- if there are matching errors, the receiver will update the Receiver Master file and will not update the Purchase Order Master file or Distribution Master file and will not be available for any type of
- processing until fixed
- the receiver is not a duplicate
When editing has been completed and accepted, the transactions are updated to the Receiver Master file and to the Detail file. If the receipt is found to be in error, it can be saved on the Detail file in an error condition for later resolution.
Report transactions are routed to a report splitter job that prints edit reports.
Optionally, the Log file is processed to produce interface transactions to an inventory system.