Once the data has been entered into a system, it is important to be able to get back to it easily and conveniently. The Accounts Payable/Purchase Order System offers five levels of reporting:
- Control and audit reports
- Standard batch reports that can be tailored easily
- User-created custom batch reports through the General Report Writer
- Online inquiry capability using standard or user-prepared screens
- Online ad hoc answers to user-developed queries through VIEW
The standard batch reports, while having a fixed columnar format, nevertheless allow the accounting user to customize as follows:
- Which of three versions of a report will be produced?
- At what frequency will a report version be produced?
- How is the report version to be sorted?
- Where will totals be taken?
- Where will page breaks occur?
- Is it to be a detailed or summary report?
- What items should be included in the report?
For example, a standard accounting distribution report can be tailored to show full detail, sorted by account and sub-account within a given department and cost center. This report could have totals by cost center and a page break by department. In this way each department head could get their piece of the