A company’s computerized Fixed Asset Accounting System records can be a valuable resource to assist management. The General Report Writer is a tool that an accountant can utilize to design and produce special reports from this data base, without programming assistance.
The General Report Writer is exceptionally simple to use, yet extremely powerful. It can generate a wide range of reports from simple “list and total” type displays to very complex reports requiring extensive calculations, logical tests, and multiple detail print lines. Features include:
- Up to fifteen reports with a single pass of the Master Files
- Both printed and machine-readable output
- Complete detail print line format flexibility
- User-defined page and column headings
- Extensive logical test and calculation capabilities
- Ability to access user-defined tables
- Unlimited report sequencing and totaling flexibility
- Detail or summary reporting
- Percentages may be computed and printed based on accumulated totals
- Detail lines may contain variables, constants, and calculated amounts
- Records may be selected using extensive selection criteria
The General Report Writer has been designed to run efficiently so that it can be used to produce regular accounting reports in addition to one-time special reports. It is particularly useful for creating additional accounting and control reports designed to meet the exact needs of a company.
The module also gives the user the ability to define other files that can be used with the Report Writer. Any sequential file with fixed-length records can be accessed and used to produce reports.