Online access allows entry of all types of controls and journal vouchers. It also provides instant access to system control and account information, including:
- A large number of predefined screens for both entry and inquiry.
- Screens can be modified or new screens created without the need for programming changes, through the use of the General System Data Mapping Facility. The system automatically produces documentation reflecting the changes.
- Both entry and inquiry can be performed on the same screen.
- Previously entered transactions with errors can be called up and corrected online.
- Security features protect against unauthorized access or inquiry.
- Multiple voucher lines can be entered on a single screen.
- Entry control totals are automatically accumulated as data is entered.
- The user can access multiple Data Design systems all from the same program.
- Real-time update of General Ledger Master, Control and Detail files.
- Online Job Submission
The online job submission capability permits the financial user to submit structure edit and updates, Star report syntax edits, and Star Accounting Control reports and Control file report jobs from online. The online financial user can even perform other tasks while these jobs are processing. The jobs status and results can all be viewed from the online system.
- Online Reporting
All Accounting Control reports and Financial reports are available for access online. This eliminates the delay and expense that result from the production and distribution of printed reports.
Online report features include:
- Security provisions allow only authorized users to access reports. Each user receives a customized menu listing those reports to which his USERID gives him access.
- A user can instantly skip from one report to another, greatly facilitating research and analysis.
- A comprehensive set of report paging and scanning capabilities are provided to help the user pinpoint the information he needs.
- Online Reports can be kept available for as long as the user requests.
Data compression is used to minimize disc storage and to allow the user to maintain a larger set of online reports.