A complete set of financial statements is produced by the Data Design Statement Analysis Reporting (STAR) module. The reports include the following:
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Changes in Working Capital
- Statement of Changes in Financial Position
- Key Ratio Analysis
- Product Income Statement
- Projected Income and Expense
- Budget Worksheet
- Budget Analysis
- Expense Summary Analysis
- Expenses by Project
- Project Expense Summary
- Expense by Product
- Product Expense Summary
With STAR, the user can easily tailor the existing reports to meet specific company needs and create any number of new reports on demand.
STAR provides many advanced reporting features, including the following:
- The STAR language can be edited online to determine if the report is correctly defined. STAR reports can be requested to be processed while online is processing, and the job’s status and results viewed online.
- The reports are defined using a spread sheet format and English language specifications.
- STAR has a high level of built-in intelligence, whereby many report lines can be generated using a single name.
- Calculation formulas and other commonly used definitions can be stored in a central dictionary and accessed by name when needed.
- A copy function dynamically includes part of one report’s definition in another report.
Other functions assist in preparing, calculating and formatting reports. A sophisticated exception reporting feature can be used to print only data meeting user-specified criteria.