The Detail Commitment tracks original commitment amount, open commitments and expenditures against the commitment. The average price of goods is also calculated and maintained by the system.
- The Detail Commitment Number can vary from one to fifteen characters in length, as an installation option. The Detail Commitment Number can be subdivided into a primary number and a subsidiary number. This allows related items to be grouped together on reports. The two field sizes are an installation option.
- Each detail commitment can be identified using organizational levels 3-7. The values can be entered individually to override the work unit default values.
- Each detail commitment can use the default values for the five user fields from the work unit or the values can be individually entered.
- The system tracks open commitments. It handles partial shipments and multiple invoices related to a single purchase order.
- Each detail commitment can have up to 350 characters of descriptive information.
- Dollar only detail commitments must be entered with a price but no quantity. Other types of detail commitments may specify unit price and quantity.
- The accounting date for commitments defaults to the current processing date. The accounting period for commitments defaults to the fiscal period.
The following detail commitment controls are established at the Detail Commitment level and can be maintained through transactions entered either online or in batch without programming changes.
- Detail Commitment Key and Name
- Detail Commitment Controls
- Detail Commitment Account
- Detail Commitment Location and User Fields
- Detail Commitment Description