The Detail Expenditures are tracked against the commitments and/or the work unit. The system can close a detail expenditure or a percentage of it into an asset or to expense.
- The Detail Expenditure Number can vary from one to fifteen characters in length, as an installation option. The Detail Expenditure Number can be subdivided into a primary number and a subsidiary number. This allows related items to be grouped together on reports. The two field sizes are an installation option.
- Each detail expenditure can be identified using organizational levels 3-7. The values can be entered individually to override the work unit or detail commitment default values.
- Each detail expenditure can use the default values for the five user fields from the work unit or the detail commitment or the values can be individually entered.
- Each detail expenditure can have up to 350 characters of descriptive information.
- Each detail expenditure has quantity, capital interest and unit of measurement fields.
- Each detail expenditure has five amount fields to contain the individual cost elements for the expenditure. These are merchandise amount, freight, tax, miscellaneous amount 1 and miscellaneous amount 2. The expenditure amount is calculated as the sum of these elements.
- The accounting date for expenditures defaults to the current processing date. The accounting period for expenditures defaults to the fiscal period.
- Each detail expenditure can be related to a detail commitment.
The following Detail Expenditure Controls are established at the Detail Expenditure level and can be maintained through transactions entered either online or in batch without programming changes.
- Detail Expenditure Key and Name
- Detail Expenditure Controls
- Detail Expenditure Cost Elements
- Detail Expenditure Reference
- Detail Expenditure Location and User Fields
- Detail Expenditure Description