The Online Module provides the ability to enter real-time updates to the Project Accounting System Master, Control and Detail files and to inquire against them.
The Online Module includes:
- real-time update of control, master and detail files.
- A large number of predefined screens for both entry and inquiry.
- Screens can be modified or new screens created by the accounting user. No programming is required to change or add screens. The system automatically produces documentation reflecting the changes.
- Both entry and inquiry can be performed on the same screen.
- Previously entered transactions with errors can be called up and corrected online.
- Security features protect against unauthorized access or inquiry.
- Multiple lines can be entered on a single screen.
- The user can access multiple Data Design systems all from the same program.
- VIEW is like a real-time interactive report writer. This includes the ability to define a Query, run a Query, review and save the Query Answer and save the Query Definition.
General System Report Writer
A company’s computerized Project Accounting system records can be a valuable resource to assist management. The General System Report Writer is a tool which an accountant can utilize to design and produce special reports from this data base, without programming assistance.
The General System Report Writer is exceptionally simple to use, yet extremely powerful. It can generate a wide range of reports from simple “list and total” type displays to very complex reports requiring extensive calculations, logical test and multiple detail print lines. Features include:
- Up to fifteen reports with a single pass of the master file
- Both printed and machine-readable output
- Complete detail print line format flexibility
- User-defined page and column headings
- Extensive logical test and calculation capabilities
- Ability to access user-defined tables
- Unlimited report sequencing and totaling flexibility
- Detail or summary reporting
- Percentages may be computed and printed based on accumulated totals
- Detail lines may contain variables, constants and calculated amounts
- Records may be selected using extensive selection criteria
The General System Report Writer has been designed to run efficiently so that it can be used to produce regular accounting reports in addition to one-time special reports. It is particularly useful for creating additional accounting and control reports designed to meet the exact needs of a company.
The module also gives the user the ability to define other files that can be used with the Report Writer. Any sequential file with fixed-length records can be accessed and used to produce reports.
The Project Accounting system can be completely integrated with all of a customer’s existing systems without the need to write interface programs or modify existing systems. This is accomplished with AIM, the Data Design Automatic Interface Module. AIM is a powerful tool which accepts the records from any system and restructures them into Data Design format.
AIM capabilities include:
- Reformatting records.
- Translation of codes and other data.
- Accepting groups of records and creating consolidated or allocated records.
- Comprehensive sign manipulation capabilities.
Personal Computer Interface
The Data Design tool LINK joins powerful mainframe data base retrieval of VIEW with the ease, convenience and flexibility of personal computing. real-time query menus can be used to find, calculate, or summarize information from the Data Design Project Accounting system.
With LINK the user is working with a familiar framework of information, using the same terms and formats that have already been set up for the mainframe application data.