The Work Unit tracks commitments, expenditures and budget information. Each Work Unit can have up to nine budget versions. Each budget can have either 12 or 13 periods for the fiscal year and an unlimited number of years. The period budget amounts can be automatically calculated using the annual budget amount and spread percentages, or individually entered.
- The Work Unit Number can vary from one to fifteen characters in length, as an installation option. The Work Unit Number can be subdivided into a primary number and a subsidiary number. This allows related work units to be grouped together on reports. The two field sizes are an installation option.
- Each work unit can have up to 350 characters of descriptive information.
- Each work unit can have values for organizational levels 3-7 and the five user fields. The values can be entered individually to override the project values.
- Each work unit can have an original estimated completion cost and date and a revised estimated cost and date.
- Each work unit can have a specific Capitalization Rate for the specific borrowings associated with the work unit.
- Each work unit can have up to nine separate budgets and amounts can be entered by fiscal year or by individual period. Each budget amount can be entered as a total budget amount or a capital or expense budget amount.
The following work unit controls are established at the work unit level and can be maintained through transactions entered either online or in batch without programming changes.
- Work Unit Key and Name
- Work Unit Controls
- Work Unit Responsibility
- Work Unit Location and User Fields
- Work Unit Capital Interest
- Work Unit Description
- Work Unit Annual Budget Spread
- Work Unit Annual Budget Amounts